How was everyone's holiday weekends?
This past Easter, I decided to make a Peeps Easter cake (who doesn't love Peeps?!). It's perfect if you have a sweet tooth. To balance the sweetness, I used blue raspberry flavored Peeps - which have a slightly sour/tangy kick.
- 2 boxes of Funfetti cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cups of oil
- 2 cups of water
- box of your favorite Peeps
- can of icing/sprinkles
- 2 8-inch round pans
- cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Mix the cake mix, eggs, oil and water. I did it in two batches (one for each cake mix) to go into two separate round pans. Each should be a mix of 1 box of cake mix, 1/3 cup of oil, 3 eggs, and 1 cup of water.
3. Pour mixtures into the round pans and place in oven for about 35-38 minutes.
4. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing the cake from the pans.
5. Place both cake tiers on top of each other and wait until it's cool before icing.
6. Ice the cake and add sprinkles.
7. Add the Peeps.
P.S. Follow me on SnapChat at audreyallure!