|Jay Blahnik, Jennifer Galardi, Gregg Cook|
It was such an inspiring event - learning about fitness trends & tips. Some interesting tidbits I learned were:
- Younger people now, are more concerned about their fitness for more reasons than to look good or be fit. We're also concerned about having mobility when we're older and trying to stay active.
- Our bodies have the ability to move like animals and babies, yet we don't exercise that ability to our stationary jobs, sitting at desks. "10 year olds don't stretch before swinging around on monkey bars, and they're fine after, yet as we're older we have to stretch before a workout."
- Try to spend some time to sit down for an actual meal instead of eating on the go. It makes you more conscious of what you're putting in your body and you get fuller faster.
- Instead of focusing on intensely working out, maybe tweak a behavior like sleeping earlier which can help you lead a healthier life in the long run since you may make better healthy decisions in that alternative.
- Instead of changing your diet completely to lose weight, try adding to your diet. For example, tell yourself you need to finish a bag of carrots by the end of the day in addition to whatever you're eating. Eventually, you won't eat as much since you're eating something healthy and it adds a balance to your diet.
- Find a motivation and don't do it alone (even sharing on a blog community or networking site in addition to friends and family helps!)
I know I said I'd do a link up - but I was unable to find a free tool -- does anyone have any suggestions?
If you did a post for this week, please post in the comments or email me and I'll share it!! xo
Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram: audreyallure